The foundation of the company Bussing goes back to the year 1903. Bussing is considered the oldest German lorry manufacturer. In 1931 Bussing took over AEG daughter NAG and became Bussing-NAG. This company manufactured many lorry types from 1.5 ton to 11.5 tons payload. The Bussing-NAG type 500 was manufactured from 1939 to 1941. Beginning in 1940, it was designated Bussing-NAG type 500 S. It was propelled by a 6 cylinder, 105 HP diesel engine and had a payload of 4.75 tons. The Bussing-NAG type 500 A was developed in the beginning of 1939. It was made in small numbers from late 1940 to 1942. Contrary to the Bussing-NAG type 500 S it had all wheel drive.
The Bussing-NAG type 4500 S was the successor model of the Bussing-NAG type 500 S. Outwardly, it looked different, but it was based on the same technology. It was manufactured from 1942 to 1945. Analogically, the Bussing-NAG type 4500 A was the successor model to the Bussing-NAG type 500 A and was latest type of this lorry series. A whole range of simplifications was introduced to serial production of the Bussing-NAG 4500, especially to type 4500 A. Nearly 15,000 units of the type 500 A/S were manufactured until the end of Second World War.